N² = Innovation
Welcome to the N2 Innovation Corridor website, your resource to events and opportunities along I-95 in Newton and Needham. We’re part of a public-private initiative designed to promote the area as a destination for technology companies, start-ups and other innovators. Our inner suburban communities offer easy access to the Boston area but with our own unique amenities, access, affordability and talent.
Check out this time lapse video of showing construction of TripAdvisor’s new global headquarters in the N-Squared Corridor.
The Newton-Needham area is home to more than 150 companies in the high tech/innovation sector and continues to grow. And with rising rents and growing congestion in Kendall Square and downtown Boston we know that more innovators are looking for alternatives locations. This corridor has been identified by the Patrick Administration and by international technology corporations such as TripAdvisor and PTC as a desirable and viable alternative, especially given infrastructure enhancements slated to happen across the corridor, including:
- New lane construction and bridge enhancements on I-95
- Better access to existing office parks through a new Kendrick Street exit off I-95
- Improvements to the Needham St/ Highland Ave corridor, including widening, bridge improvements and new signals
- Designation of the New England Business Center as an economic target area in Needham
- The City of Newton is presently updating its master plan to promote economic development opportunities
Read More News >
You will receive exclusive invitations to our events plus updates about what’s happening.